Our curriculum is broken down into a number of principles.
The principles are as follows –
- The curriculum is about the development of the whole person
- It is designed so that all learners have equality of opportunity in learning
- The curriculum builds on a learner’s strengths, interests and experiences
- The curriculum includes an explicit approach to developing the learners emotional health and wellbeing
- We place learners literacy at the heart of what we do
- The curriculum should promote health, achievement and enjoyment
- The curriculum uses a wide range of practical, theoretical and creative learning opportunities
- The curriculum presents students with new challenges and experiences
- The curriculum focuses on knowledge creation as well as knowledge acquisition
- The curriculum reflects the learner’s place in their local communities
- The curriculum reflects the learner’s place in the national and global community.