We feel that RAPS provides an outstanding opportunity for aspirant leaders to progress their careers, inspire young people to achieve their REAL potential and to develop a truly special, creative and innovative educational setting that will become a beacon for others both locally and nationally.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate;
- High expectations of themselves and those around them
- Be committed to ensuring all learners have a firm / accurate baseline of assessment on entry
- Be committed to ensure that ambitious and challenging targets are in place and achieved for all learners
- You can celebrate achievement and quality and share and disseminate good practice
- The ability to challenge, question and support under performance
- Take you can take a major lead in the long term strategic planning in RAPS
- A willingness to participate in rigorous, fair and objective self-evaluation to enable RAPS to continually improve its practice
- That you are prepared to think differently about alternative provision and be prepared to innovate, develop and “Blue sky think”
- A sense of humour, drive and belief in what REAL stands for
- Supports up and down the organisation
- That you enjoy coming to work
All School Lead Team members will have a shared responsibility for;
- Quality of teaching and learning
- Behaviour and safety
- Leadership and management
- The case management (Learning Manager) for a cohort of RAPS on roll learners
Above all we looking to develop a very strong, united and supportive team. One that can genuinely share open and honest opinions in a professional and supportive way. As head, I’m not looking for us all to have the same skill set/personality and strengths but I hope we will share the same belief and passion about delivering the very best for our young people.
As a team we are united in the view that we want the very best candidates that complements our skill set but we want to appoint people who will thrive and enjoy working with our learners and share our passion for giving these young people the very best opportunities to progress, transition and succeed.
There is a generic job description for learning managers which all candidates will have to demonstrate the capacity to deliver effectively.
We are looking for colleagues who could potentially develop some of the areas below.
- Transition – the ability to work with current team members to ensure that learners are prepared for adulthood and have an effective pathway into work, college, supported internships, apprenticeship and independence
- The ability to support students with effective careers information advice and guidance and the capacity to develop work related learning experiences for our learners
- Experience of Quality assurance and pastoral work within a mainstream or special education / care settings that can further support our learners and staff
- Experience of delivering high quality teaching and learning support for TA’s and teachers
- Experience of implementing specific interventions for learners to ensure progression is maximised for specific cohorts of learners and the confidence to further develop technology to develop this process
- Experience of curriculum innovation, development and leadership with 14-19+ year olds including Study Programmes, Traineeships and supported internship opportunities
If you would like to make a real difference to the lives of young people and would like to join us on our journey to being an outstanding provider then please send your completed application form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. Please read our policies on equality and diversity, and safeguarding on our website prior to submitting an application.